Our Mission Statement
Community Hospital Anderson Volunteer Services Department strives to enhance the exceptional patient/customer experience by being the voluntary organization of choice in the Anderson/Madison County area by providing:
- A place where people can utilize their unique skills, interests, or qualities as they serve
- An active learning environment
- A team based social/professional environment for volunteers
One of the benefits of becoming a volunteer at Community Hospital Anderson is becoming a member of the Auxiliary which is a volunteer-staffed organization that raises money for the hospital through fundraisers and other ventures. Auxiliary members have the opportunity to assist with unique and engaging fundraisers or join the auxiliary board of directors to contribute to the organization in a meaningful way.
Other benefits include receiving one free meal per shift in our cafeteria, free valet parking, educational opportunities, gift shop discount, access to computer stations, leadership opportunities plus social opportunities with fellow volunteers at events such as the annual Strawberry Festival or Volunteer Picnic.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer shifts are available on weekdays during the day and in the evening, as well as on weekends.
- Greet visitors and give information regarding patient room numbers and directions to various locations throughout the CHA campus
- Deliver flowers and mail
- Assist with patients
- Our Gift Shop offers a variety of volunteer opportunities from stocking shelves to sales
- Perform clerical services in various departments throughout the hospital such as the Business Office, Pharmacy, X-ray and Medical Records
- Perform courier duties as needed
- Make routine pickups/deliveries to the various CHA on/off campus locations
- Assist ED personnel in preparing treatment rooms, etc
An expanded list of volunteer positions will be provided during orientation.
All prospective volunteers must complete the following:
- Criminal history check – All volunteers must pass a criminal history background check
- Orientation and training – All volunteers must attend volunteer orientation and training
- TB (PPD) skin test completed at the Employee Health Clinic at no cost to the volunteer
If you have questions or would you like more information on any of our volunteer opportunities please email email@example.com or call 765-298-1021.
Please mail your completed application and Criminal History check to the address below:
1515 N. Madison Avenue
Anderson, IN 46011
Print off application
Print off criminal history check